INFO -- Braun Receiver

K6SDE ian_webb at PACBELL.NET
Thu Jan 1 15:31:27 EST 1998

I have the following receiver which I acquired years ago.  I've only
turned it on once-in-a-while during the past several years but it does
work.

I'd be interested in info on age, whether or not it's something that
somebody might collect and if so, an idea of rarity and possible
value...???
---------------------

BRAUN TS-2 (West Germany)

Light wood cabinet in pretty fair shape.  A couple of dings but could
probably be made to look pretty decent.  Speakers on the sides.  Has an
interesting rotatable antenna inside which rotates from a front control
panel speaker.  Nice for nulling out interference on the BC bands.  6
ELxx tubes from layout info on back cardboard panel.  I did have the
back off years ago and as I recall there's a schematic inside.

approx size:  14" hi, 21-1/2" wide, 10-1/2" deep

frequency coverage:
BC       approx 540 -1700 kHz
SWII    approx 5 - 12.5 MHz
SWI     approx 12.5 - 24 MHz
FM      approx  88 - 108 MHz

The control panel is across the lower part of the cabinet in front and
is light grey colored.  Has bass and treble as well as the control to
rotate the internal loopstick antenna mentioned above.  Large slide rule
dial across front of receiver.  It has a tuning eye which is weak but
can be seen.

Push button panel at extreme bottom of control panel:
OFF  -  PH  -  BC  -  FA-NS  -  NS  - SWII  -  SWI  - FM
(The NS seems to be some attempt at noise supression.)

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS