Japanese "boatanchor"

Simon Buxton sb at ZIP.COM.AU
Sun Jul 5 07:35:22 EDT 1998

Hi Gang

The topic of Japanese gear has cropped up so I wonder if anyone can
throw any light on a tiny WWII AM/CW transceiver I acquired last year.
It is 7" x 5" x 3" (not much bigger than modern gear), has 1 type 19 6
pin double triode which, through elaborate switching, is used for tx and
rx.

Coverage is 25 - 45 mhz. It is beautifully constructed with every
component specially made and numbered with a tiny circuit in the cover.
Unfortunately a couple of transformers are open circuit and I feel it
better to keep intact rather than try to fix it. You can see a picture
on the first web site quoted below.

Power is battery 2v and 135v. I don't have mike or phones that belong to
it, but the morse key is actually a button built in.

Can anyone give me  more info on this set - who used for what etc?

Thanks

Simon
--
     // VK2EII   : Simon BUXTON, Sydney, Australia         \\
     // Email    : sb at zip.com.au                           \\

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS