Der Radio Kooken

N5AIT Allan Stephens MODSTEPH at ACS.EKU.EDU
Sun Jun 14 09:19:23 EDT 1998

Jeff wrote:>>>
> "Are you starving your tuner with yesterday's technology? Did
> you know that rabbit ears and whip antennas have a total surface
> area of only 18-35 square inches, making it IMPOSSIBLE to cover
> the entire FM band without tuning or impedance mis-match?
> The In-Tenn's MASSIVE CAPTURE AREA - 861 square inches! -
<<<
... Thanks, Jeff - loved your 160 mtr antenna ideas.

     Question I have is what the above advertised thing looks like:
got to figuring a bowtie antenna similar to a TV's UHF antenna (and
maybe there's a buck to be made in the TV psychobabble game too...
if cable has not pre-empted that).  Anyway, for that area it would
take a bowtie with each of the two triangular solid elements about
17" high by 34" wide, putting the entire thing about two yards wide.
Now, if in windy conditions we use the right feedline to tether it,
maybe add a tail....

      73,  Al  N5AIT
   modsteph at acs.eku.edu

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov