Johnson Navigator Questions

Freeberg, Scott (STP) scott.freeberg at GUIDANT.COM
Fri Nov 20 09:54:36 EST 1998

Hi,

I recently acquired a very nice Johnson Navigator and have a couple of
questions:

1.  While I don't have the manual in front of me, in the tuning instructions
it stated that with the meter grid/plate switch in the grid position, one
tunes for maximum grid current, BUT not to exceed a "grid current" of 150 ma
on the "plate meter".  What?   Other than not tuning for maximum grid
current with the exciter control, there is no other way to limit grid
current.

2.  This Navigator does not have the white pegs on the knobs.  I was
surprised (pleasantly) to hear that the pegs on the Navigator are supposed
to extend from the rear of the knob skirt.  Cute.  Looking at the picture in
my manual copy, the pegs seems to be extending up from behind the knob?  Is
this so?  or do the pegs just extend from the back of the knob towards the
cabinet?  What is the length of the peg extension from the rear of the knob?

3.  What sort of power output do you typically get on 20 meters or 40
meters?

I put this jewel on 20 yesturday and had a nice qso with a ham in Nova
Scotia who was running a Swan 700.  What a nice little rig!

Thanks for your advice.

73,  Scott WA9WFA in Saint Paul Minn
Johnson Viking Valiant/Collins 75A4, Johnson Viking Navigator/Collins 75A2

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS