Spirit of Radio Lives on the Net

Keith Rowland k4kgw at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Oct 1 20:04:02 EDT 1998

Hi Rich:

Ah, yes...but the Netherlands is called Netherlands (or Nederland) because of
the original meaning of the word, both in English, German, and Dutch.  As you
no doubt are aware, English is derived from the ancient German language. So we
are back where we began...this new use for the word has no connection with the
original word, and only complicates the language further.

To avoid being called to task for loading up the reflector with non-boatanchor
topics (of which this is one), let me say the following that is on topic:

I am looking for a 6-meter transceiver, preferably a Heath SB-110A, in
reasonable condition, and at a price that someone who buys too much stuff
already can afford.  Anyone want to divest themselves of one?  If it's within
a hundred miles or so of Atlanta, I could pick it up or meet somewhere in
between.

73,

Keith

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov