Questions about Morrow MBR-5 RX and MB-560 TX

DavidC eDoc at NETZERO.NET
Mon Dec 13 20:08:32 EST 1999

I have the blessing of acquiring the Morrow MBR-5 receiver
and MB-560 transmitter pair.  I am excited that I will be able
to operate a rig that was built the same year that I was born!

I am looking for the following pieces of information and possible
accessories ...

1.  The receiver has been refurbubished electrically, only the
     final alignment remains.  Any recommendations as to the
     MBR-5 alignment procedure?

2.  The transmitter needs to be gone through electrically.
     Any Morrow-specific recommendations for the MB-560?

3.  Anyone have any modifications that improve the functioning
     of either the receiver or transmitter?  (Nothing too invasive,
     I don't wish to hack them at all.)

4.  Will the Heath QF-1 Q-multiplier deliver useful advantage to
     the MBR-5?  If not, is another such device recommended or
     not?

5.  Anyone have an AC or DC supply in restorable condition for
     these rigs?  It must be very reasonably priced, I don't have
     a collectors budget -- these are my only boatanchors and I
     only have them because I can actually operate them as well
     as admire them!

- Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP in Hudson, FL