Viking I / 829B help please

Bill Abate wabate at EROLS.COM
Tue Dec 14 01:08:34 EST 1999

Al,

Here is the 829B info from my Viking I:

CW operation with 115 V cycle ac input.

FREQUENCY    28mc

P.A. CATHODE CURRENT  230 ma.

SCREEN GRID VOLTAGE   225 volts (loaded)

P.A. PLATE VOLTAGE    660  volts (loaded)

P.A. GRID CURRENT    12 ma.

P.A. GRID BIAS     -97 volts

POWER OUTPUT  95 watts

Phone operation with 115 V cycle ac input.

FREQUENCY    28mc

P.A. CATHODE CURRENT  230 ma.

*SCREEN GRID VOLTAGE   225 volts (loaded)

P.A. PLATE VOLTAGE    620  volts (loaded)

P.A. GRID CURRENT    12 ma.

P.A. GRID BIAS     -97 volts

POWER OUTPUT  87 watts

MODULATOR CATHODE CURRENT   80 ma. (no signal)

       *13,000 ohm screen dropping resistor used.

Hope that helps.

73, Bill, K3PGB