Homebrew HBR-16 by Ted Crosby W6TC

Mike B. Feher n4fs at MONMOUTH.COM
Fri Jan 15 00:31:12 EST 1999

Kees & Group -

I would be interested in knowing this as well. I actually did build the HBR
13 and the HBR 16 when I was in High School around 1963. They served me
well. Never did have enough money for an Eddystone dial however so I used an
affordable National. A friend of mine from that era might still have them,
I'll have to contact him and see. The matching transmitter I built to use
with it had 3 parallel 6146s with a VFO using the capacitor out of an ARC-5
receiver with a home made, lead filled, flywheel on the shaft. One good turn
and it would go from min. to max. Those were fun days. Soon thereafter all
my receivers and transmitters that I built used transistors. In those days
they were pretty challenging. 73 - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731