How do I get a 170 lb xmfr from NJ to San diego?

Paul Litwinovich paull at WSHU.ORG
Tue Nov 9 09:57:14 EST 1999

> I am looking at purchasing a power xmfr that weighs 170 pounds. Measures
>around 14 by 14 by 20 inches tall. Anyone know of a way to get it (name of
>compnay? phone number?) from Blairstown, NJ zip 07825 to San Diego CA zip
>92139?
>
>Any help greatly appreciated. It exceeds the weight limits of UPS. FedEX
and
>Airborne not an option either.

Lane,
Call a general motor frieght (trucking) company or a moving company. They
are a little more expensive than UPS would be, but once you exceed the UPS
limit this is no longer an issue. You can save some money by picking the
shipment up at the company's local depot, since residential delivery carries
a hefty charge with some trucking firms.

Paul Litwinovich
N1MUC