HP-23 Recap

William R. Meara n2cqr at EROLS.COM
Sat Nov 20 13:40:42 EST 1999

If you are not concerned with maintining the original "look" for the
power supply, I have a recap solution for this supply that worked great
for me.

I decided to get rid of those big, aging, cardboard covered caps in the
supply that I used with my HW-101.  I bought some new axial caps. I
mounted a rectangular piece of perfboard over the holes left by the old
caps and mounted the new axial caps through the perfboard, one next to
each other, on top of the perfboard, with the leads going down through
the old cap holes.  Looks good, works great. No explosions.
73  Bill  N2CQR
http://www.erols.com/wmeara