Sovjet R 326 receiver

WF2U mbendror at VILLAGENET.COM
Tue Oct 26 19:00:24 EDT 1999

It was on the other Boatanchors list. I posted the specifications of the
receiver because I have one with accessories and the full manual.
It is indeed a very fine receiver!.

Here is what I posted:

The R326 covers 1.0 to 20.0 MHz in 6 bands:

Band I     1.0-1.92 MHz
Band II     1.92-2.8 MHz
Band III    2.8-4.3 MHz
Band IV    4.3-8.7 MHz
Band V     8.7-12.0 MHz
Band VI    12.0-20.0 MHz

Here is what my R326 manual says about the IF and selectivity:

On bands 1-3 the 1st IF is 460 KHz, on bands 4-6 it is 2200 KHz. The 2nd IF
is 215 KHz. Selectivity is adjustable between 6KHz and 300Hz.
The BFO is calibrated +/- 3 Khz.

My R326 is a delight to use and operate. It is very sensitive, even with a
whip antenna (I have the antenna base and both the original Kulikov type
short whip antenna with my
R326 as well as the longer whip antenna made of straight sections similar to
the GRC-9 whip).
The stability is excellent, CW and SSB reception is good because of the
product detector. AM sounds very good on it, at the broad bandwidth
position. The receiver also has a calibrator.

73, Meir WF2U