Telegraph licenses

Perry Ballinger w8au at SSSNET.COM
Thu Apr 13 23:49:02 EDT 2000

At 05:39 PM 04/13/2000 -1000, Jeffrey wrote:
>I believe you only need the GROL certificate to work on commercial/
>public safety radio equipment now.

Not so.   No license is required for those now, or broadcasting.   It's the
responsibility of the owner of the equipment to have it "on
freq."  Citations for violations (if anyone ever monitors) now go to the
owner, or in the case of broadcasting, the "chief operator" (not
necessarily the engineer) and the owner.

Sad, but true.


More information about the Boatanchors mailing list