McMurdo Silver 701 Transmitter

Kenneth D. Grimm grimm at LYNCHBURG.NET
Mon Apr 17 07:37:37 EDT 2000

Dave Hollander wrote:

> Found this at a hamfest on Saturday. Coincidentally had seen it a few
> days earlier looking at the ads in the 1948 handbook so I recognized it
> in somebody's pile of junk (literally) laying on the ground.  Anybody
> have any knowledge of this unit or a schematic? It is not listed in
> Moore's transmitter book. Sadly the unit is pretty gutted. I have
> pictures at this url:
>
> http://www.getnet.com/~davidh/silver.html
>
> Thanks for any comments or info.
>
> 73,
>
> Dave N7RK

Hello Dave,

Users Information for McMurdo-Silver 701 Transmitter, compliments of Ray
Colbert, W5XE and a redrawn schematic, compliments of Norm Hall, W6JOD,
are available for free downloading on the BAMA site.  In addition there
are over 400 manuals, schematics and other useful and interesting bits
of info made available by your fellow boatanchor enthusiasts.

73,
--
Ken K4XL
grimm at lynchburg.net or k4xl at arrl.net