Viking II question

Paul Litwinovich paull at WSHU.ORG
Thu Apr 27 23:41:44 EDT 2000

Is any one familiar with a sideband exciter which was available for the
Viking II.
 My rig has the switch (located below the code key jack) which inserted the
exciter between the oscillator and the buffer stage. The rig still has the
chopped off cables  which went to the device which was apparently bolted to
the left hand end of the transmitter. I seem to recall having seen a picture
of a Viking II with the SSB adapter mounted on it but that was long ago and
far away. Was it a Johnson or an aftermarket option? I don't expect to find
one but would like to know more about it none the less.

Paul Litwinovich
N1MUC
"RF is good for you"