REFINISH JOHNSON & HAMMAR PANELS, ETC.

soundnmind soundnmind at RICA.NET
Wed Aug 2 12:12:16 EDT 2000

Hi Fellow AM'rs
Starting Sept I will be refinishing Hammarlund HQ-180 series panels & cabs
in near original finish & color (depending on what version you have). The
price? Well, it looks like about the same as a Ranger, $250. for complete
set, panel, cab & escutcheon. Or I will do just the panel & you paint your
own cab.
I'm going to answer the obvious question up front. Why so much money?
Gentlemen, I now have well over $500. invested in the project w / o cost of
paint (DuPont Centari). Good paint, the right color & durable is also
expensive. Also I have to use a verticle mill to cut the stamped factory
riviting of the beauty ring from the panel, strip cab panel & ring w /
beadblaster, prime all w / etching primer, work out any irregularities,
paint all w / the Centari, & epoxi ring back on. Good thing I have a mill @
my disposal! The 1st run will be my own stuff & my buddy Kim's up in Mich. I
hope to have pics of them when done for you-all.

In Sept I will again be taking Ranger-1's @ $250. set, Ranger-ll panels @
$195. set, & Valiant-1's @ $285. set. (all + shipping).

I have 2 totally restored Ranger-1s that will be offered now & later this
summer & fall. These will be modified according to manner of my last
restored Rangers w / KT88 modulators + new audio circuit & regulators, etc.
I get EXCELLANT on air reports from these radios. Cost of these going up
because of my cost of unrestored radios & cost of parts. $650. + shipping.
But I will take trades in form of certain watches & clocks, or watchmaking
equipment, etc.
Warm regards
Dee, W4PNT
http://home.rica.net/soundnmind/
Patty & Dee's Marina Collectors of "firebottle" radios
534 W. Main St.
Waynesboro, Va. 22980
(540)249-3161 Cell: (540)471-7023