How To Test Ribbon Mic

DavidC eDoc at NETZERO.NET
Thu Aug 3 11:26:02 EDT 2000

I am talking to someone about buying a ribbon mic
that has no manufacturer name or model number.

He says it says Ribbon Microphone, 30/50 ohms, Made in
England on a small label right on the base of the mic head
and has a 1/4" plug.

How do I tell him to test it to be sure the ribbon element
is OK?  He doesn't have a way to hook it to a rig.

- Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP in Hudson, FL