[Hallicrafters] re: Problem with my Hallicrafters SX-43

David Harmon dwharmon at IX.NETCOM.COM
Sat Feb 26 19:51:21 EST 2000

Larry...I should have said 'hum does NOT go away'

>When the hum goes away, the bad
tube will be the one you pulled out just previously.<
        Dave K6XYZ

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hallicrafters at qth.net [mailto:owner-hallicrafters at qth.net]On
Behalf Of David Harmon
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2000 4:00 PM
To: KQ6XY; hallicrafters at qth.net; vintage-radio at qth.net;
boatanchors at theporch.com; boatanchors at qth.net;
boatanchors at listserv.tempe.gov
Subject: RE: [Hallicrafters] re: Problem with my Hallicrafters SX-43

Larry...you probably have a defective tube.
As the tube warms up, the ac powered filament
gets closer and closer to another tube element
causing hum. Following the schematic, start
pulling out and putting back the tubes one
at a time starting from the audio output stages.
The hum will go away every time you pull out a
good tube. When the hum goes away, the bad
tube will be the one you pulled out just previously.
        Regards
                Dave K6XYZ