Need Parts for Gonset Commander HF TX

DavidC eDoc at NETZERO.NET
Fri Jan 7 17:35:12 EST 2000

I was sold a Gonset Commander early in 1999 that was supposed to be
complete and in need of only an audio transformer replacement.  It was
in the box until recently because we have relocated.

Now I discover that this is a badly hacked transmitter internally and that
not one tube is in it either!   Grrrrr!

The 6146 and 12AT7 are available, I need a pair of 7C5 modulators (or a
good sub).

Also need a replacement audio transformer.  Here is my friend's (more
technically competent) description of the required transformer:

   "Transformer needed is driver (identified only as 'special' in manual).
    Primary impedance would need to be approximately 15K to match
    the 12AT7 plates and secondary approximately 45K to match the
    7C5 (3 to 1 ratio, secondary to primary).  7C5's need about 12 or 13
    volts of negative bias."

If anyone knows of mods that have been recommended for this transmitter
that may help us to figure out what has been done to it and to try to
reverse
the damage.

Help?

- Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP in Hudson, FL