Pierson KP-81?[via LSMTP - see www.lsoft.com]

Ron Thomas rthomas at ZEBRA.NET
Fri Jul 7 11:43:20 EDT 2000

I have in my project restoration que, what looks to be a very old commercial, general
coverage, shortwave receiver - a Pierson Electric Model KP-81.

I have not been able to locate any information on this receiver from the usual internet
sources.  Does anyone have some specification or other description data which describe
this radio?  I have a schematic but would be interested in some typical specifications,
history, etc.

Also, the cabinet and front panel on this one is badly oxidized to the point that I really
can't tell what the original colors were.  Can someone help me there?

Obviously, this radio will need a chassis up restoration, but it looks to be complete.
Anybody have any experience with this old beast?

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

73,

Ron
N4RT