Johnson Matchbox info needed

N5AIT Allan Stephens modsteph at ACS.EKU.EDU
Tue Jun 6 19:41:50 EDT 2000

Gang,

     I am working on a Johnson KW Matchbox and have found some strange
things, obviously not part of the original.  Questions:

  (1) Is the wiring for the KW Matchbox the same as for the 275-watt
model, just larger?
  (2) Is the VSWR gizmo that plugs into the meter in the KW version
the same as the one for the lower power one (and of course I did not
get same with this unit)
  (3)  Is there a copy of the manual out there I can get?  This does
have an extra connection (grounding strap for one side of the balanced
wire outputs) so info would help.
  (4)  Is the rectifier circuit to provide DC to the T-R relay stock,
or was that added?

     Main thing I have so far done is basic clean-up: it belonged to
a heavy smoker...

     One other question: is there any modification or plan out there
for building the SWR detector to feed the meter INSIDE the box?  It
should not be too difficult.

     73,  Al  N5AIT