Books & publications etc.

J. Douglas Hensley nfmk at JUNO.COM
Thu Mar 2 10:40:48 EST 2000

I wouldn't mind hearing how people feel about the growing tendency
of hams to refuse to give details or information about their equipment
being offered for sale.  This week, for instance, I responded twice to
a boy who was asking $1100 for a transmitter.  All he would say about
it is that he had it and that's what he wanted for it.  You would think
the
dimwit could figure out that people need to know what they are buying.

2nd example, after advertising for information on the Collins reflector,
one of self-proclaimed leaders responded to let me know he had just
such information.  Affter severa; emails which included a request to
join same in order to gain access, he refused to respond or say anything.

Perhaps this is part of the decaying process that incentive licensing
started long ago or perhaps this is because so many people have
joined the ranks that the market place is now truly a street level affair
prominated by not only a few good sellers but bimbo's and heretics
as well.

73 and sorry if this bends your ear the wrong way,

Doug