FS: Collins KWM-2 *NEEDS TLC*, 516F-2

Michael Crestohl mc at SOVER.NET
Tue Mar 7 22:06:22 EST 2000

I have a nice clean Winged emblem COLLINS KWM-2 that needs some experienced
TLC.  It is in extremely clean condition and is very suitable for someone
who wants a Collins station to operate and enjoy.  There is only one minor
modification to the KWM-2 - someone has removed the RF OUT 'RCA' jack and
replaced it with a BNC connector.  It is a reversible modification but it
is undoubtedly a far better connection for the RF cable than the RCA jack,
whose ceramic insulators tend to break with use.

Electrically speaking there appear to be no mods other than what was
mentioned earlier.  However it needs some attention and a few parts, such
as a new ON-OFF switch and a complete alignment.  It does receive and I can
load it up on 75 meters to 100 Watts but I want to be safe in saying that
the radio is not in operating condition as it sits.

The KWM-2 cabinet is clean but has a few minor scratches.

I also have a 516F-2 power supply that is missing the cabinet as it was
once mounted inside a 30S-1 amplifier.  It has plug-in solid state
rectifiers that could be easily replaced by tube rectifiers should the new
owner so desire.

I am asking $600.00 for the KWM-2 and $250.00 for the 516F-2 supply.  I
will not sell the supply until the KWM-2 is sold so as to give the
purchaser the option of buying the supply as well.

If interested please reply by e-mail.

Cordially,

Michael Crestohl, W1RC
mc at sover.net