HELP: EV 664, 419 Base

Ian Webb ian_webb at PACBELL.NET
Wed Mar 8 10:41:43 EST 2000

Years ago I had the EV 664 microphone and 419 Base; I wish I'd kept
it.

I've now acquired another 664 and am puzzled.

The 664 microphone I have has NO extra holes in the 419 Base.  I've
seen others that friends have with a hole in the front center area
with a switch in it. Was there more than one version of the 419 base
or are the ones with a hole in the base ones where a previous owner
got out the drill and made a hole and mounted the switch?

Has anybody repainted the base (and filled the hole if necessary to
make it back to original) and if so do you have any hints and
information about what "canned" spray paint reasonably matches the
original base color?

Ian, K6SDE