Swan 500 Oscillation

Dave Hollander davidh at GETNET.COM
Fri Mar 17 00:21:53 EST 2000

Thanks to all who gave me suggestions but none caught the problem. Turns
out that a bad 7360 tube is causing the oscillation. Removing it from
the socket  makes the oscillation  go away. And the transmitter won't
work with out this tube. Now the issue is where to find a 7360. They are
$45 at AES which is about half of the value of the radio. Any
suggestions anyone - their is no direct replacement as far as I have
been able to determine.

Thanks for the help

Dave N7RK

Dave  N7RK -  Webmaster CADXA
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#23 - 75 Meter SSB*

            ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor Collector Extraordinaire preferring Hallicrafters, National
and what ever else looks interesting!

E-Mail: davidh at getnet.com  My Home Page:  http://www.getnet.com/~davidh

Visit the Central Arizona DX Association Home page - http://cadxa.org