FS: Handmade Keyer Paddle from 1950's

Jan N0JR swanman at CFU.NET
Fri Mar 17 13:48:50 EST 2000

I am selling for the family of a friend an exceptional keyer paddle
handmade by a skilled tool-and-die maker.  It started life as a Deluxe
Speed-X bug with nickel-chrome base.  The base was professionally
remanufactured to keyer-paddle size (3.5" x 4.5") and the bug bridge and
screw controls were carefully relocated (the Speed-X name is still
perfectly readable on the bridge)  The bug vibrator arm was neatly
shortened and refinished into a keyer arm and the black Speed-X thumb
pieces retained. Three terminals were added to the rear for cable
connection.

The first commercial keyer paddles were introduced in 1959-60.  Before
that, we all made our own.  If you want one of the nicest (and best
working) from the handmade era, you'll not outdo this one. Its action is
equal to any of the paddles in my collection, including Vibroplex's
best, and the workmanship is remarkable.  Price is $75 + $5 to ship
firm, sorry no trades.
--
"There is no end to what you can accomplish
if you don't care who gets the credit."