amps & mic FS

Lane Zeitler Ku7i at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Tue Mar 21 07:31:43 EST 2000

Mic is a Turner 454X SSB mic. Wired for Kenwood TS-520/530/130/820/830 rigs
(four pin mic jack). Works great. $55 shipped lower 48.

First amp:
 Northern Radio Company N542 Kilowatt HF amp. It has six user set channels
 that cover 2-30 mhz. There is no PS. Designed to run with a supply that
will
 provide 4 KV. This amp is built like a tank. Sat in the previous owners
shed
 for 16 years, uncovered, but out of the weather. Needs lots of cleaning up
 on the top but the underside looks excellent. Uses a pair of Eimac SK-410
 air system sockets. I do not have the chimneys. The filament choke is
 missing. It uses a B&W model 800 plate choke. There are six banks of 4500
 volt air variables for the plate tuning side and a bank of six much smaller
 spaced air variables for the loading side. There are also numerous RF rated
  doorknobs, some 7.5 kv and some 5 kv. There is no blower (but needs one).

 The tank coil is motorized so this is a very unique but probably difficult
 project amp. I do not have any documentation. My plan was to resurrect back
to life but it is too involved with this motorized tank set up and I want to
 devote my time towards my vintage AM side of the shack. You could re-do the
tank. The large heavy duty ceramic switch is motorized.

 The front panel is a 19inch rack mount that is 16" tall. It has the
 following switches on the front:

 1. filament and plate power on and off with indicators
 2. channel 1-6 with indicators
 3. local/remote with indicator
 4. Po, Ik, Ip, Vp and the associated meter reads 0 to 1.0.

 Also has two fuse holders on the front panel.

 Price is $195 shipped lower 48.

 Second amp is a Henry 1KD5. Needs a plate xmfr. This one has the original
 ECA plate xmfr (ergo, crappy). The amp also needs a tube but the chimney is
 included. Also have a copy of the manual. This amp covers 80 to 10 meters
 and will work on the WARC bands. It uses a single 3-500Z (not included).
 Around 60 watts in will give 700 out. Use your own plate supply or build
one
 up yourself. Dahl had replacement plate xmfrs for $175.00. See
 www.pwdahl.com .

 Price is $255 shipped lower 48.

 Lane
 Ku7i