FS:Truly Beautiful Collins R-390A

Michael Crestohl mc at SOVER.NET
Tue Mar 21 13:10:29 EST 2000

I am posting this for a good friend of mine.....

Clem Beauregard VE2BIA has a very nice R-390A he wants to sell.  I have
seen it and it is in really nice shape.  Order number is 375-P-54 and the
serial number is 186.  Front panel indicates that MWO 11-5820-294-35/2 has
been performed.  It has the original set of meters and both covers.  Also
included is an original Depot Maintenance manual.  From what I understand
this receiver was purchased from the Canadian government and then stored in
a cupboard for about 15 years.  Only caveats that I can see are some very
minor scratches on the front panel and a few slight chips on the panel
paint around the edges.  The knobs have been (properly) painted but they
are a sort of half-gloss instead of the flat black finish that is original.

I'll leave it up to you and Clem to discuss the price and
arrangements.  The radio is not cheap but it is worth what he is
asking.  He can tell you a lot more about the radio that I can.  Clem does
excellent bench and restorative work on boatanchors, especially
Collins,  and I personally vouch for his reliability.  He has done more
than one Collins radio for me and the workmanship is absolutely superb.

If you are interested please reply by e-mail and I'll put you in contact
with Clem VE2BIA.

73,

Michael Crestohl,
mc at sover.net