FS: Beautiful "Cosmic Blue" National NC-270 + Speaker

Jan N0JR swanman at CFU.NET
Mon Mar 27 18:14:29 EST 2000

I am selling a beautiful, collector-quality National NC-270 receiver
with its matching speaker for the family of a SK. It is being listed
here before we put it on ebay. The receiver is one-owner/nonsmoker.  It
belonged to a consulting engineer in mining/petroleum who was often out
of the country. His gear was covered much of the time. He also knew how
maintain his own equipment, and kept it all, including the NC-270, in
top shape.

The "cosmic blue" NC-270, you probably know, was introduced in 1960 and
sold until perhaps 1965.  It is an 8-tube dual conversion superhet,
covers 80-6 meters in 6 bands, has 5 levels of selectivity, switchable
sideband, xtal calibrator, separate detectors for AM and CW, noise
limiter, notch filter, antenna trimmer, and standby switch.  There
aren't many of them around any more, and almost all those are badly
beaten up.  This one isn't!

Everything on this receiver is original and excellent.  Cosmetically,
front panel is unmarked; VFO dial is clean and bright; all lettering is
white and complete; S meter face is white and clean; controls operate
smoothly; all knobs are original and excellent;  cabinet is virtually
without a mark; the National NC logo is beautiful. Inside, the chassis
is clean. Electronically, the receiver is fully operational on all
bands. Speaker is in similarly fine shape.

Given the terrible condition of most of the remaining National "cosmic
blues," this receiver looks like it came out of a time
achine--numerically a 9 out of 10, the nicest example of National
engineering I've seen in many years and easily the nicest NC-270 I've
seen since the 1960's.  You're not likely to see a better one. Will sell
here for $395 + shipping firm, sorry no trades.  Tks es 73!  Jan N0JR

--
"There is no end to what you can accomplish
if you don't care who gets the credit."