Galaxy 5 MKIII

Brian Carling af4k at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed May 10 07:42:25 EDT 2000

Hi Emile.

The last one I owned was given to me circa 1975 (it was considered OLD
then!)

It was dead on transmit, but received OK. What I found was that they had
used a small cathode resistor to bias the sweep tube finals.

Having tested the tubes they seemed to be OK. SO I went and bought a
replacement resistor, and BINGO! It was fixed. I made a number of contacts
on that rig before giving and back and going out to buy a shiny new FT-101E,
which I have to say, was a FAR FAR superior transceiver!