Boonton 260-A Q-Meter Parts/Info Wanted

Nolan Lee nlee at GS.VERIO.NET
Sat Nov 25 03:27:58 EST 2000

I'd like to track down a few parts for my old Boonton Radio
Corporation Type 260A Q-Meter. It's in the 1900 serial number
range. I'd guess that it was built about 1958 to 1960.

I'm looking two of the knurled thumb screws for the inductor
and capacitor terminals on the top panel, Two of mine are
missing. I've fabricated some ersatz ones from aluminum stock
but the original ones look a hell of a lot better.

Also need the access plate on the rear panel. Again, mine is
missing. I can fabricate one but I'd have to do away with the
DZUS fasteners and I'd never be able to match the paint. <grin>

I can use two or the RCA built 1659 tubes. One as a spare for me
and one for a friend I owe a favor to.

I wouldn't mind tracking down another of the AC input
isolation/regulator transformer. Mine hums noticeably and none of
the usual tricks have worked to quiet it down. As stable as the
line voltage is today I could probably just eliminate it but...

I'm still looking for 103-A type Boonton inductors.

I'd like to chat via email with any of you that have one of the
later HP produced tech manuals on the beast.

thanks in advance,
nolan

Forget the current old fashioned and inefficient election process. I say we
use Thunderdome! Two men enter. One man leaves. A side benefit is that we
can eliminate half of the politicians each time we have an election! The
real winners will be the citizens. (Nolan Lee 11-14-00)