10M AM net Sunday

Russ WQ3X wq3x at POSTOFFICE.PTD.NET
Sat Apr 28 10:39:29 EDT 2001

Hello again AM diehards,

Once again, this Sunday, Pete, K5PZ, will not be able to do the 10M AM net
on 29050 and has asked me to give it another try.

Last weekend 10M was dead here with a nasty buzzzzzz and I heard no one.
Tim, K6TIM, on the West Coast also tried but heard nothing either. There was
a "minor storm" going on. It has been this way for the past three weeks so
and today is not so hot so far either, but we will hang in there and try
again tomorrow.

I will repeat the net info for those who are just tuning in:

This 10 meter AM net is very informal largely due to the nature of 10
meters. Any and
all AMers using any and all types of equipment are welcome to check-in.
Although some of us are running vintage gear, many people are using modern
gear in the AM mode for the first time. The FT-1000MPs really sound good!
The whole idea is to exercise this portion of spectrum and keep the spirit
of AM alive up on 10M.

We normally call upon other willing volunteers to make calls and take
check-ins from various parts of the country during the net. So if you don't
hear anything immediately, just standby...   Eventually, if conditions are
halfway decent, you will probably be able to hear one of the volunteers and
check-in. If you hear nothing for a long time... just give a shout and have
your own net with the locals.

Tim, K6TIM, may be able to help out on West Coast to take some of the many
East Coasters. I usually do OK with Texas, Arizona, California and Europe
but usually can't hear the Pacific Northwest or Florida. Hopefully some
others will be able to pitch in.

Please give a listen on 29050 if you are around this Sunday. Net time is
1700 Zulu or 1pm Eastern, 12noon Central, 11am Mountain, and 10am Pacific
time. The net normally lasts for about one hour.

Hope to see everyone there. If nothing happens, try the Collins (CCA) net on
14263 at 20Z. AND no one has ever been shot for checking into the 14263
(normally SSB) net on AM - at least that I am aware of!

73, Russ WQ3X