restoring the caps...

J. Forster jfor at ONEMAIN.COM
Wed Aug 8 21:02:38 EDT 2001

If you carefully re-form caps, both paper and electrolytic, they very often come
up fine. You must raise the vooltages slowly.

I have never seen a resistor that is really bad, unless someone has applied HV
quickly and blown it.

I have brought up several No 19 MK III sets and they are entirely original and
work very well. One is on the air every week.

IMO, it's at least worth a try before gutting things out, which IMO, utterly
destroys a piece of vintage gear.

John