need to gather info on new items added to museum today!

ed sharpe esharpe at USWEST.NET
Thu Aug 30 10:13:20 EDT 2001

oh my....  it seems I now feel like the guy in the plant of the apes movie
when he finds the nuked statue of liberty....

there used to be motor tuning apparently this has been stripped out... and
there is something missing from the front of the receiver... need a good
front photograph of this  arr 7 to compare.....

here was part of the ill fated conversion

Bandspread Tuning and Modification for ac Power

1. Remove the screws holding the cover plate which houses the tuning dial
motor
reversing switch and stop mechanism. Discard.
2. Cut the wires from the motor reversing switch SW3 and remove the switch.
3. Remove the stop mechanism from the main tuning dial shaft and discard.
4. Remove all the knobs from the receiver and the screws from the power
connector
so the front      panel may be taken off.
5. Remove the main tuning dial by loosening the allen-head screws.
6. Remove the cover from the cast aluminum housing containing the 28V dc
motor
and associated       parts.

yadda yadda yadda.....

DITH! they have blown it up! ( the phrase form the ape movie!)

ed sharpe archivist for smecc