FS & NEED DRAKE

Dee Almquist w4pnt at VAIX.NET
Sun Feb 18 16:31:18 EST 2001

Hi Fellow Anchorites
Interesting problem. I have a REAL nice Drake R4B that has slight crack in S
meter plastic front (later found when testing on bench). Didnt see it
originally when I bought it. Not really that bad, just bugs me after putting
time cleaning, repairing, aligning & painting cab.  ANY ONE HAVE A VERY GOOD
S METER FOR SALE?

And would like to sell this radio this week. Goes w / 60day warantee on
parts & labor but not returnable. In other words I'm not inclined to buy it
back. But I will give any details & .jpgs. Cab had few slight scratches &
few chips on ft / rear edges.  Been lightly sanded & recoated w / DuPont
Centary (sp) that has very close to same finish luster as original.
Scratches & chips almost have disappeared & still see the original texture
from factory finish. Chassis copper is very nice, not prestine as new, but
far better than many I've seen. (close .jpg avail)
Works perfectly after cleaning, re-lubbing moving parts, cleaning switches &
aligning. Has new 160m crystal (I like 160m) & will cover 10m 28.5 mcthru
29.1mc (Ithink) w / on board crystal. Order xts from Jan & can hear rest of
band. Order many other crystals & hear many other bands.  Noise blanker
works very well.
Sell w / slightly cracked S meter for $300. + shipping.
But if no one is interested it will go to auction Monday. Finding an S meter
will delay sale of coarse.
Warm regards
Dee
http://home.rica.net/soundnmind/
Patty & Dee's Marina Collectors of "firebottle" radios
534 W. Main St.
Waynesboro, Va. 22980
(540)249-3161 Cell: (540)471-7023