Car Antenna cable.

Paul Litwinovich paull at WSHU.ORG
Fri Feb 23 09:09:19 EST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian.Goldsmith <brian.goldsmith at ECHO1.COM.AU>
To: <BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 1:36 AM
Subject: FW: Antenna cable.

> Greetings to the list.Could anyone tell me the characteristic impedance
> of the a car radio antenna lead in marked 5P3-46C? There is also a short
> extension piece marked 5P3-37C.I'm guessing that they are higher than 75
> Ohms.I want to connect an external car radio antenna to a boatanchor
> vibrator type receiver in the workshop.
>                      Thanks,Brian Goldsmith.

I'll also be watching this one, my guess would be 300 ohms or higher. I
recently used the stuff to connect a B&W 51SB side band generator to a
Viking II. 50 ohm and 75 ohm cable did not work (the unit is inserted
between the driver and the final grids of the J.V.II) but the car antenna
cable worked fine with no loss as compaired to short open jumpers. Radio
Shack sells 12ft extensions which are a great source for this cable.

Paul A. Litwinovich
C.E. WSHU AM&FM, WSUF-FM
N1MUC
"RF IS GOOD FOR YOU!"
"It's amazing how much can be accomplished when you
 don't care who gets the credit."