DX-35 / DX-40 crystal doors update

Glen E. Zook gzook at HOME.COM
Mon Jul 23 16:05:51 EDT 2001

An update for those interested in the DX-35 / DX-40 crystal doors.

I have 20 made and waiting for the Heath gray paint.  The provider of
the paint reads this reflector and E-Mailed me to say that it is
definitely on its way.

These doors differ from the original in the following manner:

The sheet metal used is 26 gauge instead of the original 22 gauge.  This
is due to the fact that my hand tools do not work that well with the
heavier gauge material.  If I can obtain a small shear, later versions
may be made of the heavier material.

The originals are not painted on the back (at least the one that is
presently in my hands).  However, I am priming both sides and putting
the wrinkle finish on the outside.  Then, will paint both sides with the
Heath gray paint.  This will protect the steel from rust or other
corrosion.

Since these are "hand made", I am checking each one on my DX-35 to make
sure that the "fit" is correct.

Again, if anyone missed the earlier posts on these doors, the cost is
$10 each plus $1.50 for postage unless you live within the State of
Texas.  Then, I have to charge 83 cents sales tax.  That means a total
of $11.50 for each door if you live outside of the State of Texas and
$12.33 if you live inside.  If you live outside of the USA, let me know
and I'll see what the postage charges will be.

My mailing address is

Glen E. Zook
410 Lawndale Drive
Richardson, Texas 75080