FROZEN KNOB -- SUCCESS!!!!!

Ron Evans cosmos41 at IX.NETCOM.COM
Mon Mar 26 19:08:51 EST 2001

My sincerest thanks to all who replied with a huge assortment of great
methods of freeing up the knob's death grip on the shaft!

It may have been a combination of many of the suggestions, but the
method that finally saw the knob being vanquished was......

<< drum roll, boys >>

I wrapped both jaws of my channel lock pliers with a ton of black rubber
tape to keep from scratching the capacitor shaft, clamped down as hard
as I could on the pliers, and used a TWISTING motion on the knob with my
other hand...and lots of force...

VOILA!!  YEE HAH!

Off she came!

And a beautiful sight it was!  *grin*

Oh, and to the one who suggested "prayer and fasting,"  I hadn't ruled
that out!!  *slight grin*

Thanks, guys.

Ron - K5MVR.......and happy again!