Boatanchor Survey

Craig K6QI k6qi at MEDIAONE.NET
Sat Nov 24 09:13:17 EST 2001

Hello Folks...

I have some interesting questions for all of you...

I'd like to know what the overall opinion is about the best tube type
transmitters, receivers or transceivers. I think I'll take information for a
week or three, tally it on my web page, and provide a link for those
interested in the result.

The categories are:

AM/CW gear

Best Transmitter:
Best Receiver:
Best Station:
Best Looking Transmitter:
Best Looking Receiver:
Best Looking Station:
Best Transceiver:

SSB gear

Best Transmitter:
Best Receiver:
Best Station:
Best Looking Transmitter:
Best Looking Receiver:
Best Looking Station:
Best Transceiver:

There are a couple of rules. First, please keep this confined to mostly tube
gear. Later hybrid items, such as the Drake C line are fine. A Kenwood TS
520, while a great rig, is mostly sand state and should not be included.
Broadcast transmitters, exotics, and homebrew rigs should not be included.
The best looking questions are sort of personal whimsy. Beauty is in the eye
of the beholder...

This is being posted to a number of reflectors, so to keep the owners happy,
PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO ME!

Thanks

Craig Carter K6QI

'Be an Elmer, Not a Fudd' (NH2CW)