W1HRX Wildly Successful

Freeberg, Scott (STP) Scott.Freeberg at GUIDANT.COM
Thu Sep 6 09:05:27 EDT 2001

Hi,

I wanted to comment on the great fun last night working W1HRX, the James
Millen Special Event station, from the AWA convention .  After making
contact with the station, it was still more fun listening to all the AM'ers
from around the country contact him also.   It was incredible how many
stations were lining up to work him.  An event like that really shows how
popular AM has become in the past few years!   I could recognize quite a few
calls from this list too.

For me, a great part of the excitement was knowing the station was using
James Millen's original call, 1 KW AM transmitter, and HRO receiver from the
30's.

I'd be interested to hear how many contacts were made by W1HRX.  I bet we'd
be surprised.

My thanks to the folks of the Millen Society and AWA who put this special
event on the air.  You guys should be proud and very pleased at the response
to your special event!   Also my thanks to the CCA First Wednesday AM Net
folks who graciously let this event take center stage.

73,  Scott WA9WFA in Saint Paul Minn
http://www.qsl.net/wa9wfa