off subject

Jim Strohm jstrohm at TEXAS.NET
Thu Sep 13 23:31:41 EDT 2001

Wayne W4GBW says...

>In my opinion, the government of the United States should bomb all
>Muslim holy sites with PIG FAT. It would take them months to cleanse
>their sites.

"Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lard."

Actually, it was that sort of thinking that led to Britain's defeat by
India in the mid-1800s.  Native soldiers inducted into British colonial
defense forces were erroneously told that their rifle cartridges -- which
were required to be torn open with the soldier's teeth to load into the gun
-- contained pig fat.  (They contained beef tallow.)

Our goal is to punish the guilty and permanently deter their supporters.
Alienating an entire religious faith would probably not serve that goal.

Instead, our efforts must be to give compassion to our allies and to the
innocent, and absolute justice to our enemies.

Jim N6OTQ