[Boatanchors] NEED ANTENNA GURU

Gary Schafer garyschafer at ATTBI.COM
Sat Apr 20 23:06:14 EDT 2002

I think the trick is that they need to be harmonically related. In other
words if you have the 80 meter one cut for 3.6 mhz then the 40 meter one
needs to be cut for 7.2 mhz. 20 meters needs to be cut for near 14.4
mhz.

Operating at 40 meters that part looks like a 40 meter dipole. The 80
meter part looks like a high impedance full wave to 40 meters. If it is
any longer or shorter then it detunes the 40 meter antenna feed
impedance.  This is how I understood it anyway.

73
Gary  K4FMX