B & W (TYPE) TANK COIL NEEDED

Dee Almquist w4pnt at VAIX.NET
Wed Dec 25 12:09:46 EST 2002

Hi Fellow AM'rs
I'm finially facing the problem..... Johnson Ranger tank coils that have
fallen apart &, of coarse, no new replacements avail, unless by chance (&
expensive when found). I'v rebuilt a few with new lucite strips but its a
job!
Answer to the problem is coil stock cut to specs. Recently I acquired a
Ranger that has a replacement tank of such stock & its neet!
Anyone know of a source of B & W or other coil stock that measures 2 3/4"
dia. x 6 turns per inch, new or NOS (plastic like new)? I'm going to search
the internet but I thought I would run this by you. Will gladly share info
on how to configure a tank for your Ranger if you need. This Ranger I will
soon restore with this tank coil in it. Even it will to be replaced because
of deteriation. I'm sure it loads on all bands for it is very close to the
original Johnson design, same coil count, etc.
Thanks & 73
Dee