Gonset Converter

Ian Webb ianwebb5 at ATTBI.COM
Tue Feb 19 21:48:35 EST 2002

The tuning knob of the 1950s era and earlier converters was usually gray or
perhaps light redish colored and had "scallops" around the periphery.  Later model
converters had a smoother outside edge as I recall but I never had one of the
"modern" ones.

Most of the Gonset converters that I had hands-on experience during that era (tri
band, super six, etc.) had output around 1500 kc, the top of the broadcast band.
The converters were usually used mobile and the automobile radio was used as an
IF.

They also made, as I recall, (never had one) a box with an IF and audio amplifier
for home use to go with the converters.

Ian, K6SDE