WTB rectifiers and FS 2KVA Xfmr

Fred Olsen fwolsen at EXECPC.COM
Wed Feb 20 18:59:23 EST 2002

> Bill Abate wrote:
> I'm looking for a 5AR4 and 5AT4 rectifier.

Bill, I'm out of 5AT4s but OK on the 5AR4/GZ34.  NOS RCA OK?  Make me a
reasonable offer, to include Priority Mail.  Let me know if you want it
tested first.

Don't let anybody tell you that a 5AR4 is the same as a 5R4, 5U4, or
'most anything else.  It isn't.  The 5AR4 has a little higher PIV and a
little lower Ip, is indirectly heated, and uses the primarily-European
5DA pinout.  And don't let anybody else tell you that the 5AT4 doesn't
exist.

Sorry, don't need the iron; especially for pickup in Philly.  ;<)

Best,
Fred