Hammarlund r.f. assembly

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 1 21:01:39 EDT 2002

I was just going through some of my older parts
(looking for a couple of Collins type knobs) when I
came across what appears to be from some type of plug
in coil assembly (i.e. like the National HRO series).
It consists of a fixed link coupled coil (the "link"
is about 28 gauge wire, main coil about 18 gauge
wire), two silver mica capacitors, and an air variable
capacitor.  The coil does have a tuning slug.

Everything is mounted on a ceramic plate about 1.25
inches wide by 2.125 inches long and .25 inches thick.
 There are 6 pins coming out of the bottom.

One side has "Hammarlund" and the other side has
31396.

Am not sure what this was used for, probably an
antenna input to r.f. stage from the looks of it.
Anyway, don't need it.  Am open for trades if anyone
is interested in this.

Glen, K9STH

=====
Glen, K9STH