Wanted: NC-183 Top Cover

David Hollander n7rk at DANCRIS.COM
Fri Jun 14 02:23:35 EDT 2002

At a garage sale last weekend when asking about electronics, the guy
took me to the side of his house and uncovered a piece he had under a
tarp. It was a pretty dirty  NC-183D. I paid him the $10 he wanted
figuring this will make a good parts unit since It was complete except
for the top and bottom covers. I put it on the bench tonight and after
replacing the electrolytics in the power supply and replacing a couple
of bad tubes, applied power. It came too life and does work on all bands
and all functions work but it does need to be gone through. The front
panel is OK. The side that was resting in the dirt has most of the paint
gone  and every time I rotate the position of the radio, I get more
leaves, dirt and stones falling out! It had been on the side of his
house under a tarp for about 7 years he said. Something to be said for
the desert climate!

Anyone have a top cover from an NC-183D  parts unit that they might sell
me? Bottom cover would be nice to however it is a flat piece and I can
fabricate one.

Thanks and 73,

Dave N7RK

Dave  N7RK                    http://members.dancris.com/~n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#23 - 75 Meter SSB*

            ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor Collector Extraordinaire preferring Hallicrafters, National
and what ever else looks interesting!