BA Transmitter Digital Frequency Monitoring

Robert Lawson w4rl at BELLSOUTH.NET
Mon Jun 17 22:25:29 EDT 2002

I have a Radio Shack frequency meter model 22-306, the hand held one
with the BNC connector on top. For those that have this unit, how are
you successfullly monitoring your BA transmitter's frequency? I have not
been successful with either a four foot wire wrapped around the
transmitter's output cable nor strung out in full length in the shack.
My readings when accurate are infrequent ie not much lock-on. Maybe
RG-174 with a insulated wire loop placed in the PA cage? I am using a
Collins 32V-2.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Robert WPE4FGR W4RL Pensacola Florida