SX-24 case

john johnmb at NC.RR.COM
Fri Mar 1 17:21:38 EST 2002

Yep,
Get thee to the auto parts store (or wally world) and get a can of GoJo
white lanolin hand cleaner. Wipe with fingertips into the surface and then
remove with a towel. You can remove it all, until there is no tackiness left
(which is very quick and easy to do).
You'll hvae a BEYOOO tiful wrinkle finish. I have restored many wrinkle
finishes
this way , from the Viking I, to my 32V2/75A1/75A4/75A2, to some homebrew
rigs, to keys. All came out great, and the restoration is very long lasting
with no ill effects.

To see an example, go to:

http://www.old-radios.com/pics/keyer.html

Best
John

>Joe Sloss wrote:
>
>> Just finished cleaning my SX-24's case.  Does anyone have a pet method
to bring back the luster of the crackled finish which is a bid faded in
spots.  I've used W-D 40 in the past but there may be something better.
Many thanks, Joe

http://www.tempe.gov/lists/control.asp?list=BOATANCHORS
>To post - BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
>Archives - http://interactive.tempe.gov/archives/BOATANCHORS.html

John Brewer - WB5OAU/4
AMI #24
Clayton NC