Morrow Twins and Gonset VFO FS

DONALD F BROOKS w5orw at FLASH.NET
Fri Mar 22 18:23:50 EST 2002

I have a pair of Morrow Twins that need a new home.  Receiver is the MBR-5
and the Transmitter is the MB-560.  I had power on the receiver and had
background noise for a half hour (?) and then the squelch operated and I
couldn't easily get it to unlock so I put it back. I have never tried to
power up the transmitter.  It only has one of the two required 6AV5's.  My
extra tubes will not go through the hole where they are submounted. Each has
an original  well used book.  The mounting slides are gone.  A crack across
the lower right corner of the dial glass.
I am asking $100 each plus shipping.  I would like to keep them together but
first money  talks.  Take a look at them on my home page,
http://www.flash.net/~w5orw/020321-010.jpg   and continue with
pictures -011.jpg,  etc thru -017.jpg.

The Gonset VFO is for the "Commander".  50's vintage.  No book on this one.
Picture is at http://www.flash.net/~w5orw/020321-019.jpg
 The paint is flaking off the front right side.  $35 plus shipping.
I will try to answer any /all inquiries.
Thanks
Don Brooks
2620 W FM 320
Palestine, TX 75803