No subject

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sat May 11 22:28:57 EDT 2002

Actually, E is normally used for voltage in ohms law
and E stands for "electromotive force".  I think that
the Greek Omega was chosen to honor ohm (since it is
close to "Ohm" in pronunciation) and, of course, R
stands for resistance.

Glen, K9STH

--- Brian Goldsmith <brian.goldsmith at ECHO1.COM.AU>
wrote:
"V" is the initial of another early experimenter in
> the field, Alexandre
> Volta, as also no doubt everyone knows.
>

> ******Which raises another interesting point,why
> isn't Ohms law written as
> A(Ampere) = V(Volt) divided by  O   (for Ohm)??
>  Why was "Omega" adopted?

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites